Our thesaurus incorporates synonyms of degeneracy in 10 different contexts. We have listed all the same and related phrases for degeneracy alphabetically. We hope that the following record of synonyms for the word degeneracy will assist you to to finish your crossword right now.
- Some widespread synonyms of degenerate are corrupt, iniquitous, nefarious, vicious, and villainous.
- The definitions of many lessons of composite or structured objects typically implicitly include inequalities.
- While all these phrases imply “extremely reprehensible or offensive in character, nature, or conduct,” degenerate suggests having sunk to an particularly vicious or enervated situation.
- For instance, the angles and the aspect lengths of a triangle are alleged to be optimistic.
- In the case of triangles, one has a degenerate triangle if at least one aspect size or angle is zero (equiv., it turns into a “line segment”).
The morale of the soldiers degenerated, and they have been unable to fight. The synonyms iniquitous and degenerate are sometimes interchangeable, however iniquitous implies absence of all signs of justice or fairness. good, healthy, sturdy, noble, type, virtuous, good, enhance, honorable, rise, uncorrupted, well, help, grow, recuperate, pure, incorruptible, assist, develop, upright, enhance, build, ethical, Uncorrupt, clear, trustworthy, progress. The synonyms have been organized relying on the variety of charachters so that they are simple to seek out. A random variable which may solely take one value has a degenerate distribution; if that worth is the actual quantity 0, then its likelihood density is the Dirac delta perform. When the radius of a sphere goes to zero, the resulting degenerate sphere of zero quantity is a point.
In contexts the place self-intersection is allowed, a sphere is a degenerate commonplace torus where the axis of revolution passes via the center of the generating circle, quite than exterior it. A convex polyhedron is degenerate if both two adjacent facets are coplanar or two edges are aligned. In the case of a tetrahedron, that is equal to saying that all of its vertices lie in the identical airplane, giving it a volume of zero. A degenerate triangle has collinear vertices and 0 space, and thus coincides with a phase lined twice (if the three vertices usually are not all equal; otherwise, the triangle degenerates to a single level).
The phrases nefarious and degenerate are synonyms, but do differ in nuance. Specifically, nefarious suggests flagrant breaching of time-honored legal guidelines and traditions of conduct. While the synonyms corrupt and degenerate are shut in that means, corrupt stresses a loss of moral integrity or probity inflicting betrayal of principle or sworn obligations. Some common synonyms of degenerate are corrupt, iniquitous, nefarious, vicious, and villainous. While all these words mean “highly reprehensible or offensive in character, nature, or conduct,” degenerate suggests having sunk to an especially vicious or enervated condition. If your word has any anagrams, they will be listed too along with a definition for the word if we’ve one.